Finding your advisor

First-year students in the College are assigned a specific advisor in the University Academic Advising located on the first floor of Hibbs Hall (900 Park Avenue). After declaring a major and completing your freshman year, you will see a faculty advisor in your major department/school/program.

If you have not declared a major by the end of your freshman year, you will continue to be advised by your assigned discovery (undeclared) advisor. Since sophomores are required to declare a major at the completion of 60 credit hours, you should work closely with your advisor throughout your sophomore year to select a major.

Advising for pre-health sciences advising tracks (including programs in medicine, dentistry, dental hygiene, clinical laboratory sciences, radiation sciences, nursing, occupational therapy, optometry, pharmacy, physical therapy, and veterinary medicine) is available in the Pre-health Sciences Office, located on the first floor of Hibbs Hall.

If you are unsure of who your first-year or discovery (undeclared) advisor is, call the Office of Academic Advising at (804) 827-UNIV (8648).

Please click here for advising information within your major (names, contact information, preferred method of contact).