Are you planning an internship, research experience or study abroad trip for 2018? Or do you have an interest in attending a professional conference or have an idea for a social entrepreneurship project?
The Baldacci Student Experiential Learning Fund grants academically promising students of diverse areas of study and backgrounds with financial support to pursue internships, conferences, research, domestic or study abroad, and/or social entrepreneurship opportunities. Awards between $1,000-$5,000 will support the above experiential learning activities.
Funds may be requested for, but are not limited to:
- Summer weekly stipend
- Academic year hourly financial support
- Travel to/from experiential learning site in the US or abroad
- Additional costs associated with study abroad including required tuition
- Expenses associated with attendance and presentation at professional conferences
- Other supplies/expenses associated with experiential learning experience
Accepting applications through March 2, 2018
Eligibility: Applicants must be full time undergraduate rising juniors or seniors, in good academic standing, and be primary majors in the College of Humanities and Sciences.
Applications outlining experiences with total costs above $5,000 will be considered but only awarded at a maximum of $5,000 per request.
Application requirements include:
- Unofficial transcript
- A resume/CV
- Statement describing your proposed experiential learning experience
- Budget request including explanation of need for financial assistance
- A letter of reference from a CHS faculty member or advisor
- Contact information for experiential learning opportunity sponsor/mentor/supervisor
The College is the intellectual heart of VCU. Our educational and research environment addresses an array of technological, health-related, and societal problems, as well as providing profound insights and reflections of what it means to be human and humane. Experiential learning is an integral part of the education of our students and a key part of our mission. This exciting opportunity made possible by David and Michelle Baldacci provides funding to support all forms of experiential learning, allowing students to learn through reflection and doing, while also promoting an entrepreneurial spirit to create the tools and means to bring positive sustainable results to our community and society.
Questions? Contact Caitlin Hanbury, Stewardship Manager, at email@example.com.